Monday, September 28, 2015

Marlee's first birthday

It has been two weeks since I have last written on here and a lot has happened since! I am going to give a basic run down of everything and of course pictures of my daughters first birthday.

Planning a one year old's birthday should not be so stressful but it is. Trying to get the decorations done, since I made them myself was hard enough. I could not make them too soon because I had no where to store them, and I could not wait until the last minute because I had way too many things to do. I also made her tutu, her headband and her onesie. I was so proud and impressed with myself. I am not a girly person by any means, like polar opposite, so I was completely excited with the end result! The Friday before Marlee's birthday my sister called my at 4 p.m. to see if I could pick my mom up from the airport on Saturday because she had an unexpected funeral to go to in Columbus. So I got to scramble and find a baby sitter because there was no way I was driving with 2 kids, waking them up from nap time, all the way down to Cincinnati and back. Lets just add I also have not seen my mother since July 26 of 2014 for Marlee's baby shower. She lives in St. Pete, Florida. So on top of the scramble Friday, I also got to change my Saturday plans. Grocery shopping with 2 children that both have to be in the cart SUCKS!! And add balloons to the mixture! YAY ME! 

Sunday came and I had a shit ton of cleaning to do, so that was fun. My mom went and picked up Marlee's cake while I did all of this too. The birthday was awesome. My baby girl is loved and spoiled. After all the birthday shenanigans, we played cornhole and had a bonfire. It was a great day. However it irritates the shit out of me that people (adults and kids) CANNOT pick up after themselves. Cups, plates and things every where. How hard is it? I am that guy rinsing off my plate and others at someone else's house and helping them clean because I think it is completely rude. Other than that it was awesome.

My mom was with us until Thursday and then I had to take her back to the airport. Cincinnati at rush hour traffic sucks. I left the house at 3:30 p.m. and I did not get home until 7:25 p.m. I truly don't go to Cincinnati ever. Like that's the first time since last summer when we went to the zoo and before that I could not even tell you. 

Anyway I plan on being back on top of my blogging game. But here are some pictures from Marlee's first birthday!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Marlee looks adorable! Happy birthday to her, and glad it was fun despite the mess! ;)