Tuesday, July 7, 2015

DIY will drive me nuts!

In a good way DIY will drive me nuts. 

If you have read in another post, we got my grandma's house after she died in 2012. I started cleaning it in April of 2013 and we moved in in August 2013. Anyway my grandma's house was very nice and clean. She was a believer in all white walls,except the kitchen and no animals in the house, which we have done both. Besides some TLC updates, the house didn't need much.


Slowly but surely we have been updating. The bathrooms are no longer sea foam green and robins egg blue tiles, the kitchen no longer has carpet, wood paneling or wallpaper ( which took me 7 weeks to scrape it off). The walls, except the living room, have all been painted. There are now just decor issues we have to do. 


I have been on a DIY channel and HGTV channel kick lately. It has been extremely insane, that it is all I have been watching. But it makes me want to tear my house apart, no joke! It makes me want to start busting down walls. Making the house an open concept instead of all closed off.  


The only problem though is I don't know if I want to stay in this house or not. We currently have a .75 acre lot, the house is 3 bedrooms and a bath and a half. I think its approximately 1200 square feet. Its just an old house built in 1961. I want more space and more land, but having a house completely paid off by 33 years old seems pretty awesome. So if that's the case, then I have already drawn up plans on how to make a master bedroom with a master bath and to knock out walls in the kitchen to make it more of an open floor plan. 


My wheels just can't stop spinning. I wish I had a ton of money to do so many things! I want to so many things. I want to go to Lowes, Menards, Ikea, Target and so many others!! I feel like HGTV is like a drug for me!

1 comment:

  1. I totally get it, so hard to decide! I would probably vote for staying where you are, for now. And I'm sure you really wanted a complete stranger's opinion, right? ;) But yeah, having a home paid off by that age would be AMAZING! And really, I get wanting more land, my husband and I do too someday, but we also feel like for now, the almost half acre we're on is about as much as we can handle. Anyway, that's my two cents for what it's worth. :)

    ReplyDelete