Monday, July 13, 2015

Toddler life

Benson is the most independent, funny and loving little man I know. He is too smart for his own good. Whether it be figuring stuff out or just counting. But we seem to be going through the terrible 2 stage.
Lately he has been acting out. Nothing gets him to stop either. I could say it nicely, I can use the mom voice, time outs, lose of privilege or spanking his butt and nothing works. He will be right back doing it 10 seconds later. It is literally driving me nuts. Mostly it is doing things to marlee. He will take her toy our of her hand, roll on her, hold onto her, pull her down or throw things at her. Im literally at my witts end with him. I know its a phase but it needs to end quick.
What are some things you guys do to get over this? Sorry I'm not one of those moms who think rationalizing with a 2 year old works. They are 2, sitting down and talking to them like they are grown doesn't work. Im very old fashioned and laid back when it comes to parenting. But I'm getting tired of yelling or asking nicely for him to stop. I really don't know what else to do besides hog tie him.... Hahaha im so just kidding!

6 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! I have twins that just turned three, and they still don't really understand a "time out" or losing privileges. I hope some others have better suggestions. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so frustrating.... oh children lol!!

      Delete
  2. Yup. 2. That magical, adorable, and oh so frustrating year! Well, it's prep for 3, I think. ;) Honestly, redirect redirect redirect. I scold (a lot) for dangerous things, but actual rational conversation ain't helping here! So I try to refocus his crazy efforts on something more like block building/smashing vs. climbing on the kitchen counters and destroy it.all. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I like the redirect and use it a lot. I just haven't figured out how to redirect from "Stop hitting the baby!" lol

      Delete