Things I am good at:
- I usually get around 4 of each coupon inserts or coupon themselves. My stepmom gives me her coupon books and my neighbor sometimes gets them from the ladies at church. I can print up to 2 of the coupons I need online. I also use Kroger Digital Coupons if theirs is better or if that is the only coupon available for the item I need.
- I try to stockpile as best as I can. I get as many as I have coupons for.
- I am a good teacher. I can teach people how to do it as best as I can.
- I am pretty good at waiting and matching up coupons with the lowest prices the item will be.
Things I am NOT good at:
- I am not good on saving money on food. Most of them are household or personal items (which is okay because those are normally expensive).
- I NEVER save money on meat.
- I am not good at saving more than 60% which drives me crazy!
- I am not good at getting many coupons that match up with a sale that end up being money makers. Example item is on sale for $1.50 and you have a $2 off coupon, you just made .50 cents off that item.
Things I want to be better at:
- Start keeping a journal to track the sales. So I know when to stock up on items and when they will be on sale again.
- I want to start tracking meat prices and start buying it by the pound when it is at its lowest.
- I want to save money like the people on extreme couponing. I really need to cut our grocery budget in half.
I already meal plan, grant you we don't always eat what I plan for dinner, things change. I truly need help saving more money with coupons. Any other moms out there coupon with any tips of their own? I am all ears. I love learning more ways to save money.