Thursday, June 25, 2015

Never enough time!

Right now I am so behind with my "want to do," list. Trying to keep up with two kids, a man child, a dog and pick up some shifts at work when I can, I am just exhausted! Cleaning house is impossible and pointless! You moms or women with man children know this! And sometimes the men are worse than the kids! Drives me CRAZY!!! But just the normal daily things that need done are keeping me from my goals and DIY projects to get this house the way I want.

We moved into my grandma's house after she passed away. We were lucky in a way, not that my grandma passed, though she was 93, but we got an awesome house with an acre lot for $50,000. Only problem with this house is that my grandma did not update since the house was built in 1961. She did little things like new carpets etc but the bathrooms were still the original sea foam green and robins egg blue tiles. Slowly but surely we have been updating. The kitchen and bathrooms were carpet, that was the first fix and painting the walls etc. But now we need to really start getting it together. My husband rather have things than a pretty house, while I am the opposite in a way. I want things but I want a nice house first that doesn't look like a college apartment (our house doesn't but you get what I am saying). So that is something I have been trying to do, pinterest and cute DIY projects!

I want to go through every room and pull everything out and clean it! I try and do this twice a year. I will go through every nook and cranny and re-organize but there is only so much you can do. I love cleaning and I love things looking neat and pretty so I add more work than necessary to myself. ``

There are still things in my yard that need done. My husband is good for leaving things where ever he uses it instead of putting it away or throwing it away. So I need to go behind him and pick stuff up, especially in the garage and by the shed! 

I am trying to get the kids doing more this summer. We go on walks at the park, the library for story hour and the pool that we are members too. Partially it is for them to socialize and partially for me to get out of the house!! 

One day I will get there. Like today would be perfect to clean since it is raining! But since Marlee got up super early... we will see!!

6 comments:

  1. I bet your grandma would love knowing you are living in her home, making it yours. Sounds like you'll have an almost limitless supply of blog posts once you really get going on the home improvements/updates! Exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure she does but Im also sure she is rolling over. She was a firm believer in all walls were white and no animals in the house and we have done both lol.

      Delete
  2. This sounds so exciting! Good luck!
    EmilieLimaBurke.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is definitely a lot of work!

      Delete
  3. My man leaves trails behind him as well!! It used to drive me crazy but I found out that if I just remind myself outloud that I love him while picking them up it really helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol that is so funny! I may have to try that haha!

      Delete